Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

8th Grade all about Extra-Curricular Activities

School is definitely in full force and the 8th graders lives are starting to get very busy as extra-curricular activities have begun.  JH softball girls are at Shatty and the JH baseball boys play at Vici tonight.  I however, am still struggling to get in my groove as I realized I didn't blog Friday or yesterday.  Yikes!!!!  You'de think I had ballgames or something to distract my brain.  lol. :)  Mrs. Gore---get with the program!!  Scheesh!
In class today we wrote about 2 fictional characters in our Journal.  All week we will work with these characters and write about them, as we begin learning about Narratives.  Vocab wb. less. #2 was assigned and those 4 wb pages are due Thurs.  On Friday we will have a quiz over those 10 words.  I also gave the students a Scavenger Hunt worksheet front & back that teaches them how to use the book--table of contents, index, etc.  This worksheet is due tomo.  Most students were half-way finished when we stopped to go to the library to check out a book for one of their book reports this 9 wks.  It is Student's Choice and they must read 2 books and give me two oral reports before the 9 wk period is up.
Enjoy your evening--Later Gators.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment