Total Pageviews

Monday, April 11, 2011

Beautiful Monday!!

What glorious weather today is!!  I do wish it would rain though, because we need the moisture.  I gotta blow my own horn two different ways today for celebrations over the weekend.  First, Gabe placed 3rd in the long jump and softball throw Saturday in Woodward at the Special Olympics.  He qualified for state, which is in Stillwater sometime in May.  Way to go GABE!!!!  Next, I ran my first 10k Sunday at the Redbud Classic.  I was a little short of my goal, but still ran a good time for it being so HOT, and considering it was only my second time ever to run that distance.  My time was 64:13, which is avg. pace of 10:34 mile.  My goal was 10 min. miles.  Oh well, I've got some more work to do!!!!  I don't really like running and it hurts to do it, so I'm really proud of myself.  I'm preparing for the Memorial Marathon Relay.  My team is "Soleful Sistas."  My leg for that is 7.6 miles!!!!  Yikes!!
In both classes all this week, we are taking practice tests, some online and some on paper.  The 8th grade reading test is this Thursday.  The 7th reading test is next Tues.  More work to do in a different way!!
A special congrats to the new Leedey Tracksters.  I hear these girls are doing well!!  As a fellow runner and former coach of this sport, keep running hard!  And good luck.  I think those participating are Macy, Sydney, Jenna, and Rachel??  I hope I didn't leave someone out. 
Be fabulous today and match the weather!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment