Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Writing Test Over

Two weeks ago, my 8th grade students took the state mandated writing test. Mrs. Harrel administered the test and she said the students worked very diligently and put forth great effort during their alloted time. I am so happy to hear her say that!! I know, since Christmas Break, I have pushed them very hard with their writing skills. And for the most part, every day they responded and worked hard trying to encorporate the skills I was teaching. So, as a result, I'm rewarding the class and giving them a break. Last week we watched the movie "Miracle." This week we are watching "Hoosiers." Both great motivating sports movies about overcoming difficult odds and working hard to accomplish your dream. Next week though, it's back to the grindstone, as we begin my unit on "The Diary of Anne Frank." I do this to help Mrs. Holcomb prepare the students for their Reading test, coming up in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment