Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2012

Long Time No Blog!!

Gosh!!  Not sure what happened as to why I haven't been blogging.  It's been forever or so it seems!!  I guess just busy with life and then thinking my students aren't reading my blog.  Recently a complete stranger that I met at an educational conference told me she had read my blog!!!  She gave me a few suggestions as to how to get the kids to read it and none the less, she has inspired me to start blogging consitantly again!!  Shout out to Dr. Kennedy!! :)

The last 2 days in 8th English class:
We graded Vocab Wb Less. #12.  There is no quiz for this lesson.
We did Tween Tribune which is an online website.  By Monday, the students must have read 3 articles.  On one, they comment like normal and submitt online.  The 2nd one, they write a compare/contrast essay and submitt online.  The 3rd article they must do a 3-2-1 on a piece of paper and hand in to me.
Today we read a Kelley Gallagher Article of the Week about over use with our cell phones.  We did paired reading with the MAXX teaching theories.  They had to do a 3-2-1 together and answer 2 questions at the end of the article.  Due Mon.

I'm heeding Dr. Kennedy's advice.  So here goes:

"Well, what kind of a mood do you think she's in?  Scheesh, I hope it's a good one.  I didn't get to eat lunch today because our class is on the last bell, and I stayed up too late talking to Bobby.  I'm tired and I don't want to have a hard miserable practice!"  Karen exclaimed as she frantically double knotted her blue laces on her white with blue swoosh Nike hi-top basketball shoes, all the while jerking her hair up into a messy pony tail bun.

"I'm telling ya, the jh made her mad!!  That's what Krystal said.  Ran the whole hour. I guess Michelle Youngblood kept dropping the ball in 3 man weave.  Everyone was ready to choke Michelle by the time they ran their 3rd 5 in 1:10,"  Sheela explained, as she dabbed on a bit of deodorant and ran out the small baby blue door of our locker room.

To be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment